interisting facts about kitkat ,,,,
Did you know?
- KIT KAT continues to be one of the world’s best selling confectionery brands.
- The 1997 Guinness Book of Records states that 13.2 billion KIT KAT fingers were sold worldwide in 1995 and that every second, 418 KIT KAT fingers are consumed worldwide.
- Every five minutes enough KIT KAT is manufactured to outstack the Eiffel Tower, while one year’s production would stretch around the London underground more than 350 times.
- Launched in 1935 as Chocolate Crisp, KIT KAT was supposedly named after the KitKat Club, an 18th century Whig literacy club. As the building had very low ceilings, it could accomodate only paintings which were wide but not too high. In the art world, such paintings became known as ‘kitkats’. It is therefore conceivable that the humble KIT KAT derived its name from paintings which has to be snapped off to fit into low ceilinged rooms.
- Many exotic KIT KAT flavours exist in different countries around the world, depending on local tastes. Some examples include the ‘green tea’ flavoured KIT KAT in Japan, or Peanut Butter flavoured KIT KAT in UK and Canada.
- KIT KAT factories are located in York (UK), Toronto (Canada), Hamburg (Germany), Ponda (India), Chembong (Malaysia), Tianjin (China), Kasumigaura (Japan), Campbellfield (Australia), East London (South Africa) and Hershey (USA).